lunes, 5 de junio de 2023

EDPUZZLE

Hi GEF students!

Today I have created a new video for my students. I have used an incredible app called EdPuzzle. Here you can watch the result:

https://edpuzzle.com/join/ochocra

https://edpuzzle.com/media/647da442405bc042ad8a9cf1

The reason why I chose this video is because children feel motivated and engaged when other children speak and the themes are close to their own tastes. Furthermore, it is important that they realise the different accents that everybody has. Besides, the vocabulary used is affordable for my students. 

 The activities proposed are the following:

-Pre-listening: we work with the previous units the vocabulary mentioned: family, animals, food, hobbies... it helps them to understand better the information. Besides, I divide the class into 4 groups and each of them, at home (flipped classroom) has to takes notes of all kids that appears in each minute: minute 0-1 for team 1, minute 1-2 for team 2 and so. 

-While-listening: now is time to put in common the whole information compiled. We listen again the video and complete the questions that it offers.

-Post-listening: finally, students have to write and explain what makes they happy. Moreover, they have to interveiw four partners and takes note of their things choosen. 

In that way, the objectives for these exercises are:
  • To practice vocabulary seen previously. 
  • To write down in a table the information listened. 
  • To share information collected. 
  • To express feeling and personal information.
  • To interview some partners. 

It has been a great experience to bring my students closer to an authentic video whose results have been more than fruitful. Moreover, with this activity not only one but all the skills have been worked on and, in a transversal way, values have been worked on. 

Some disadvantages are the use of new technologies and internet since in some houses they do not work well. For this reason, they are recommended to go to Guadalinfo centres or as easy as using telephones, most of whose families have them. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

A GREAT IDEA FROM A PARNTER: TIMETOAST ABOUT WOMEN WRITER.

  Hi GEF students! We all know that sharing is living and that is the reason why I am writing this. I have seen some parnters´ blog and givi...